Sunday 25 May 2008

Smiliey Suri won’t stand eve-teasing


Bravo! Smiliey Suri should be applauded for her guts and the strength she displayed recently when she was almost rubbed off the wrong way.

The actress was at the Mahim Church last week when she was targeted by two rowdy boys who were lurking around the holy place. “I normally go to the church in the evening but this time I decided to go in the morning instead,” says the actress, who still gets goosebumps thinking about the incident.

“I noticed that there were two guys who were staring at me. They stood at a distance and kept saying something and smiling,” says Smiliey, who found the whole thing a little odd.

The actress, however, continued to pray and left the church to get into her car which was parked on the opposite side of the road. “When I was crossing the road, one of them brushed against my back, I stopped and turned and that’s when the other man, brushed against me from the front. I was shocked for a second and didn’t know what to do. I went up to them and asked them what they thought they were doing,” says the brave girl.

The boys looked as if they were doped, she says and denied doing anything intentionally. “But I kept arguing and also removed my shoe to hit them. That’s when two elderly women intervened and told me not to create a scene and let the boys off.” Smiliey then put her shoe down but when she was about to leave, she saw the guys laughing. “It was a smile of victory, like as if they had achieved what they wanted,” says the angry actress.

“But then I lost it, I just ran up to them, kicked one guy, punched the other one hard. I kept doing this for atleast a few minutes. Then I turned back and ran to my car. The whole incident shook me up and I was sobbing, but yet I was happy that I had taught them a lesson,” says the actress, who is still nursing a bruised wrist.

She is sure that the boys must have learned a lesson and won’t try the same thing again. “Girls shouldn’t let others take advantage of them. We are not weak, we can fight back too,” she says. Girls are you’ll listening?

No comments: