Sunday 18 May 2008

Preity Zinta off to Cannes

In between cheering for Team Mohali in the IPL and comforting the players, Preity Zinta has taken a few days off to attend the Cannes Film Festival as brand ambassador of a luxury watch and jewellery company.

“Can’t help it,” said Preity. “For two years now, I’ve been the brand ambassador for the company and I’ve to be at Cannes every year, come what may... ha, ha... pun intended.”

The actress has several events lined up in Cannes, but no movies. “There are no movies this year. I’d have liked to bring my film Har Pal, but it isn’t ready. If Rituparno Ghosh’s Last Lear is shown, I’ll go for it. But, my job as brand ambassador for this company will keep me busy for the next three days. I’ve a red carpet event. Then, a dinner organised by the company, followed by a picnic in the afternoon. Once I return to India, I will head immediately for my IPL commitments.”

Understandably, she’s exhausted. “But, I’m also exhilarated. The IPL has been a whole new learning experience for me,” said Preity, who is accompanied to Cannes by her cousin Inder. What about those who feel that IPL is confusing? “Not at all! It’s such an eye-opener. Players of different age groups and of different nationalities are interacting on one platform. The younger lot is learning from senior international names. Where would they get a chance to do that?”

No comments: