Monday 28 April 2008

I have forgiven Harbhajan: Sreesanth

Still in a state of shock after being punched by one of his Indian team mates, Kerala pacer S Sreesanth said that he has no bitter feeling towards Harbhajan Singh and he has forgiven the volatile off-spinner.

The spunky Kerala speedster said he had actually gone to shake hands with Harbhajan after Friday's Indian Premier League match between Kings XI Punjab and Mumbai Indians when the temperamental off-spinner hit him.

"Bhajji is like an elder brother and I have forgiven him," Sreesanth said.

"I went to shake hands with him after the play was over but I did not expect such kind of response. It was not just a slap but something like a punch," he said.

And still, Sreesanth claimed, he does not hold any ill feeling towards Harbhajan.

"I have to forget it. Whatever happened is over. I'm not the kind of a guy who would nurse grudges. Of course I was hurt, it was totally unexpected and I have nothing more to say," Sreesanth said.

He said Harbhajan was not in the best of his moods after the Mumbai side he was leading crashed to their third successive defeat in the IPL. But still his behaviour stunned him.

"Mumbai had lost three matches in a row and Bhajji was very angry. Still it was unbelievable."

Sreesanth will appear in tomorrow's disciplinary hearing in Delhi where Match Referee Farokh Engineer would hear both the sides before announcing his verdict.

Sreesanth said he was trying to concentrate on his game. "I have to continue playing and concentrate on my game," he said.

No comments: